Monday, September 21, 2015

CS3216 - Week 5 and 6

Everything is piling up. All the work that I have to do, not just CS3216's assignment 3, suddenly seems to be a bit too much for me to handle. And I'm.. somehow surviving through all of these.

Assignment 3
Thankfully, it seems like my assignment 3 team are very good in what they're doing. Seems like they are breezing through all the Trello tasks, and now I feel that I'm not contributing enough :'). I'm amazed at how fast they are working.

It seems like the opposite of my assignment 1 team. My assignment 1 team likes to work together to the point where everyday in the group chat we have at least one person saying "Are you guys in com?". We were also inexperienced with the stack that we are using, so working together did help. Meanwhile, this team is very decentralized - we work separate from each other, but we get the job done extremely efficiently. Or is it because our app is too simple?

Assignment 1
I was extremely surprised when Colin shared our app in Facebook. I was more surprised when Yang Shun sent the grade. It exceeded my expectation by a lot.

Personally, I was skeptical of the idea when Sebastian pitched it when we brainstormed. I was thinking, why would people want to see the IVLE events? As a member of the NUSSU commIT technical cell, I'm one of the few persons who are in charge of approving the events in IVLE. Because of that, I read a lot of the events, and none of them interests me, leading me to doubt that the system is even useful at all.

However, we actually managed to make this app work pretty well! Thanks to Sebastian (Awesome design and UI!), Haritha and Sharon (Worked tirelessly on the backend!).

No comments:

Post a Comment